What types of activities will I be doing?
Volunteer activities vary depending upon the specific location at which you’ll be volunteering. A wide variety of jobs are performed by Food Bank volunteers, such as:
· Packing emergency food boxes, sorting food or re-packaging bulk food items
· Packing emergency food program carts for client distribution
· Direct client intake and/or assistance
· Cold meal preparation or meal packing specifically for Kids Cafe and a backpack program
· Data entry
· Off-site special events to include: mobile pantries at which you might handle set-up and/or staffing, accepting incoming donations at community events, etc.